It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Palermo Soho , Margaritas and a headache

A beautiful day, spent with people that we love, interrupted by a Migraine.
But for a while there, it was a great day !
We went to Palermo Soho. There were quite a few people there, but we managed to grab an excellent table at our favorite Mexican restaurant, outside in the shade. After enjoying Margaritas and Flautas and Guacamole , we wandered around the streets, window shopping,

floating through the Feria and ending up at my favorite shop, Pauls.
I tested scents for my new room spray scent and ended up with an old favorite, Jasmine.
I wanted to buy the $1,500 mirror, I wanted to buy some wacky bowls that my sister in law found.. they didn't have a flat bottom. So when you put your bowl down, it sort of does a little roll and lists to the side.
I thought it would be fun to have a dinner party, fancy dress, then serve soup in bowls that roll around.
Keep everyone on their toes.
I know, some sense of humor.
It was crowded and my head felt vaguely achy .. we left, grabbed a taxi and went home.
Where I quickly ended up blind with a migraine.
I used to have them all the time and had serious drugs from doctors who specialized in brain / head problems. They might have just decided that there was no brain to be aching but give her some pills and she will leave us alone.
Because eventually, the migraines went away and I have been fine. .. until today. Spoiling everyones evening, since I stayed home, lying in a dark room with a cold cloth and wishing I had serious drugs again.
I am feeling better now... slightly headachy but not blinding pain.
I guess I could blame the Margarita, but I think I will blame the weather. yeah.
Pup was happy we came home. You know dogs, they act as if you have been gone a year when you go downstairs to pick up a carton of milk.
He has stayed by my side since we came home.. lying by the bed, in here, sweet baby .. his leg is a tiny bit better !
I have to go to the hospital this week ... they want some of my blood.
You know you will hear all about that. Should I take pictures ?
It was supposed to be tomorrow but I didn't think showing up with pain killers in my blood was a good idea. So I have that "fun" to look forward to this week.

Photos courtesy of Daniel .

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh, I am so, so sorry. I have migraines too and somehow they always come at the worst time. I am glad you are feeling better, but also know that you feel like you've been hit by a truck. I hate to take the Imitrex- makes my heart race. I've had good luck lately with over the counter Excederin Migraine, go figure.
    Hope you are all better tomorrow. Deep breaths and happy thoughts.....
    thinking of you and sending a hug,
    joan

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger