It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Three of Us

The End of Summer should be like this everywhere. Warm days, cooler nights and clear blue skies.. a light breeze to cool you off if you need it.
The past two days have been a holiday, the city is so quiet. There is no traffic in the mornings and not many people about.
The Feria is busy in the park, if you miss hearing English , that is the place to go.
There were acrobats, Tango dancers... we really liked them ! and some fun things/sights to look at.

We took a walk to Volta , then home with Banana Volta y Chocolate Suisse helado.
Dinner was called in, we are waiting for the delivery.

Pup seems better but will still worry his leg if he doesn't wear his tee shirt.
I think he is getting tired of the tee shirt, I know I am.
A trip to the vet later this week might be necessary.
My trip to the surgeon is Friday. Cannot wait to get that over with !
Pup and I can have matching band-aids !

These late days of summer are nice but odd in their own way.
We drift along, not in any particular direction, I wake with no plans and the day just takes us wherever .
Pup is the one constant in our lives. . Thank goodness for that !
I cannot bear to imagine any change there !
I can stand to travel far from home and all that is familiar, I can stand to not know what anyone else is saying, I can stand to miss lunch with girlfriends, dinner out with other couples but I cannot bear to consider Pup not being with us.

So we drift through our days, taking walks and taking care of each other.
When Fall arrives, my energy will too and there will be more walks in the night with the scent of firewood in the air, dinners at various neighborhood restaurants, visits with friends who will be back in town.
But for now, it is just my husband, the Pup and I ..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger