It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A House Might Be Nice

Behind the gates, behind the great , carved wooden doors, there is a world that I would love to see.
I live in an apartment building, 10 apartments in an old mansion.
Two to a floor.
We see our neighbors, we hear our neighbors ( only sometimes and not too loudly, thank goodness) but we have neighbors under us and over us.
My new fantasy is to live in a house here in Buenos Aires.
A single family, unattached house.
A Casa to call our own.

Why ? I don't want to hear my neighbors ... ever.
There are times that I just don't want to see people , when I walk in or out of the building.
I want to just go about my business without having to say hello, goodbye or to get sympathy for our loss.
I pretend as often as possible, that there is no loss.
That he is just not right here, he will be back soon.
I don't want a sweet and solicitous neighbor reminding me that he is gone forever.


I would like to have a backyard.
I would like a fountain or small pool.. Spanish style.
I like gates.
I would probably make an excellent Recluse.
I have all the qualifications.

We would not be lonely. I could garden and there would be birds.
A neighbors cat might drop by for a bit of lolling in my garden where the sun shines just so, in the afternoon.
My family could visit and stay here with room to spare.
We would have a barbecue grill in the back, or as they are called here, a Parilla .
We would have family cook-outs South American style.

Tango music would play late at night and we would not worry about any neighbors.

Yes, I think if I plan to stay here for a long long time, like Forever, a house might be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would love to visit Buenos Aires! It sounds like an amazing place. One of my old friends lives there. His name is Santiago O'Donnell. He's a journalist.

    I'm sending you warm wishes for finding a beautiful house, like something from an Isabel Allende novel!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger