It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Why I Love Buenos Aires .. Reason Number 1,580


The old saying was that Men Don't Make Passes At Girls Who Wear Glasses.
But for some time now, I have been seeing a lot of girls, women, boys and men, wearing glasses, nerdy glasses and everyone is still looking and I imagine, there are passes still going on.

I am sure it depends on the glasses and of course, the girl .. or boy.
But overall, I don't think that saying works anymore.

I have new reading glasses.
My old ones ( which have been rehabilitated, more on that later) are nerdy, tortoiseshell , clearly reading glasses, not pretending to be anything else.
And I love them. They feel good and what is better, I can see !!
Here they are ... like them ?

Now the old glasses that were not so different, smaller and more perfect perhaps, fell apart after years of wear.
I asked the Eyeglass Man if he could just glue the little thing that goes over your ear so I can use them around the house... "Let me see what I can do" he said.

I got them back today, a week later .. they rebuilt my old glasses ! You can hardly see where they drilled holes and replaces hinges and whatever ... I am wearing them now, I can see !!
He refused to let us pay him anything.

Why I Love Buenos Aires .. Reason Number 1,580 ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger