It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Early Morning Thoughts


Well, it is 10:30 but it feels early to me.
Woke to a gloomy-ish day , the sun is struggling to come out and stay but the grey clouds seem to be ganging up on it.
And to make matters worse, the warm days have run back to where they came from , leaving the cold behind.
I had to put the warmer blanket back on the bed .. that was a bummer.
Some days I wake and try not to think of loss or anything that would make me blue and other days I wake up and it feels like I am wearing the sadness like a coat .. I can't take it off.

Company is coming.
I have kept busy moving things that had a home in one room, to spare spots all over the place. This apartment is fine for 2 people and a limited amount of Stuff.
Add two more and you get a logistical problem... good thing I am a pro at getting a lot of things in a small space.
I pack well too.. if you want me to pack your suitcase for you, just let me know... which reminds me, my friend is taking a cruise.
I do not envy her this .. I get seasick looking at boats.
But the boat she is going to be on, will take her around places like Venice.
Venice .. where there are more little boats.
Even with my prejudice against boats and all things that float, I want to go to Venice.
After Venice, Florence will make me happy too.
It doesn't take that much to make me happy, now, does it?
This was the trip we had planned for the autumn of 2001.
We never took that trip, so it sits in the back of my mind, all the things and places we had looked forward to seeing.
They are still waiting for us to see them.

I think I might go get more coffee now and discuss the day with my partner in crime.
More later, if the day works out well. Actually, if it doesn't work out well, you can count on hearing about that !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger