It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another Day...


Another terribly hot day, humid , the only thing we can think of doing is to go to a mall.
I keep thinking I will find all these clothes on sale for next summers wear.
But what I find are tired, sometimes damaged things on hangers, looking like they were already worn and given back.
Sad and wrinkled.
I know someone who looks like that !

The little cafe around the corner where we enjoy excellent coffee and pastries, is opening for dinner and they will offer a Pay What You Wish special.
A new chef will round things out.
We will go  ... it is too close and they are too nice not to at least try it.

The mall was ice cold and not very busy.
I have a feeling all the people are in a beach town or in the mountains somewhere .. there are just those few die hards who laugh in the face of blazing summer heat and afternoon storms and think to themselves, I live here, this is the way it is.
Pour me another drink, honey.

I was stopped and asked for directions today.
They spoke English, they were from France.
I managed not to beg them to take me home with them.

Nely was here today.
The apartment is sparkling clean.. I will not cook, it will make a mess.
I don't want all of her work to be wasted ( good idea, no? remember this next time you don't feel like cooking ) ..

I think we are going to get a storm.
Maybe I will go lie on the bed and read and listen to the thunder.
And take a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger