It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday - the Day of Rest

Like we don't rest Monday through Saturday ? 
In our neighborhood, everything is slower, more quiet and peaceful ( if you don't count the sound of grown men yelling at the tops of their lungs when someone scores in the futbol game they are all watching ) .. the birds are the noisiest creatures in our general area.
Doves cooing, pigeons making those little homey pigeon noises and now and then the tree will rattle its leaves with a gust of a cold breeze.
The sun shines, it is winter but it is sweater weather and if you sit in the park, facing the sun, you will feel warm and feel good...
Winter in Buenos Aires is about the prettiest and most comfortable winter of any place  in my memory.

We bundled up and did our "scone run " .. where we go to one bakery for their scones and another for scones for me, which are now our scones.
Who knew scones would become so important ?

The walk takes us for many blocks and we look in windows, people watch, I take photos, we sample baked goods and generally mosey along.
There is nothing like a good mosey.
I think I can safely say that I am a champion mosey-er.

After our bakery run, we put things away and went back out to sit in the park like two old folks and soak up some winter sun and warmth and people watch.

Today was People Watching Bonanza.

Everyone was out and strolling, sitting, lying and skateboarding, biking and running, not to mention pup walking.
We got the best seats in the house and spent a nice amount of time, soaking in the  sun at our backs as I did my best to photograph skateboarders flying down the hill in front of us.
I am not sure, I haven't looked yet, but it felt like not one photo worked.
Those boys fly by with the greatest of ease.
So did a girl ! Go girl !
My favorite is when the boys go flying down and one is behind, with a camera at the end of a stick and he films them .. amazing .


I won't get on a skateboard.
I tripped on a skate board once, that was enough for me.
My son is a good skateboarder. But he never gets to show off for his mom anymore.
We have to do something about that.

We are home now.
Sipping tea and planning tonights dinner and movies.
So far, it has been a Perfect Day of Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger