It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Today I Did Nothing

I had all kinds of ideas on what to do today. .. last night.
I had all kinds of lists in my head and figured the day would be packed with activity and perhaps shopping... last night.
I planned on doing errands then going to a Mall and maybe spending the entire day buying Things... last night.

Today, I realised we had a doctors appointment at 1:00.
We sat and waited our turns, for about half an hour or so,  then the doctors visit took just minutes.
Everyone is fine, I will be having this and that done but these are non-scary skin doctor sort of things so all is well.
Now we are ready to go out and shop ..
But it is about 3:00, the sun is shining, the air is sweet and there is a huge Teamsters strike, so traffic is lighter than usual ... a good time to go have coffee and a sweet and relax.

It is soooo easy to talk me into doing something else.
I no longer have any ambition.
I am difficult to tie down to a time and or a date.
I eat later and later and drink too much coffee.
I walk slower than I used to... although I can still travel at a good clip when it is needed.
I think, I might just be ... turning Argentine.

But we all know that that one travels, one should blend in with the "natives" .. so we have blended very well and I am now wondering, how long will it take me to blend back in the United States?
Will it be easier because it is NY,  where we will be city savvy , fast walking and  English speaking ?
It might be. At least we will know our way around.

But I bet it won't be as sweet to order something in a store and fumble around   and have the server/salesperson stand there patiently and smile and try to be helpful and all with sweet good humour ... I just don't remember that from living in NYC.

 I don't think I will get into a taxi with a driver who says hello, how are you, and then is happy to chat, happy to turn the music up so I can enjoy it too and who will wish us God Speed as we leave ..
I just don't expect that to happen.

Tonight, I am doing nothing.
Someone else is cooking dinner.. nothing hard about that !

We will watch a movie later .. about nothing important.

It has been a good day ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger