It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

On A Rainy Day



It is raining. It is pouring. All we need is the old man who is snoring.
We had hail.
That was interesting to watch, chunks of ice going past the french doors, plants getting a tiny bit battered.
Pedestrians hiding under awnings and in doorways. . cars getting dented .. huge puddles at all the corners so people are crossing mid street or in some cases, jumping the puddles.

We all know that if I were doing the jumping, I would most likely land exactly in the middle of the puddle .. splashing those around me, soaking myself , ruining my shoes and generally making me unhappy.
So I sit here in my tower, looking down at the street, the people scurrying here and there and feel glad that I can be right where I am .

This is how I often feel about living here.
I am glad to be where I am.

Lately , however, there are feelings that reflect a change.
People far away, loved ones, need me to be where they are .
Not exactly right next to them  , maybe, but in the general vicinity.

Change is good.
We should all keep changing , otherwise, we stagnate, become bored and boring.


There was a toxic leak today in town.
I woke to that sound again ... sirens.
It is so unpleasant .. when you realise that even while you were sleeping, you were hearing sirens.
Fire trucks, ambulances, police sirens.
Something is wrong.

Not so long ago, there was a train crash here, the sirens woke me.
Hearing sirens all day is a dreadful reminder of living somewhere else when something unimaginable happened and sirens wailed for days and days.
I could really live without ever hearing that sound again.

My plants are getting watered. This is a good thing.
It is not so hot , this is a very good thing.

I am going to find a new book and settle down in the pillows and read ... perhaps about a detective in the rural parts of England, perhaps a detective in Sweden , perhaps a fashion magazine.

I have gotten to the point where I study fashion magazines like I used to do homework, making notes, keeping reminders, one day I will be able to visit those stores, I plan to be well versed in their inventory.

But for now, a good Murder Mystery will occupy my time.

What do you like to do on a rainy day ?

1 comment:

  1. It's HAILING in Buenos Aires?! In December?! Is that normal?

    On rainy days, I like to stay in and read in bed, write poetry, paint. Rain brings out my creative side. :)

    x Milsters

    (http://www.littlepiecesoflight.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger