It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It Is All Good

Ahhh, life in the Country.
You wake up to bird song.
You smell freshly cut grass.
You fall asleep to the sounds of ...nothing ..
Nothing might include birds, the wind and or rain.
But no dogs barking.
No cars honking.
No neighbors playing music too loud or yelling.


We get thunderstorm warnings on the phone .. .
But no dogs bark and music is not played loudly until the sun rises.


I am not in Buenos Aires anymore.

Which is in many ways, still a slightly sad thing.

I am so happy to be back in the United States.
I am so glad to see and talk to and touch, my family again.
I am so glad to have such variety in the grocery stores.
I am so glad to hear English wherever I go and I can understand the news and the music on the car radio.

It is all Good.

Having said this ...
I miss Buenos Aires.
I miss having our long walks to the market, the bakery, stopping for afternoon tea, coffee and figuring out where will we go for dinner.
I miss the neighbors.
I miss the park with the dogs.
I miss the music .. everywhere you go, there is great music being played.
I miss trying to figure out what everyone is saying.

But we are Home.
It is All Good.






1 comment:

  1. Home is always home.

    I've not been much of a traveller... it is in the blood. I traced back the family on my Dad's side back to early 19th century... same town, actually same parish! My sister lives only a few miles away, near where my Dad's family home was for 70 years which was round the corner from his Aunt's which was continually occupied by the family for over 80 years!

    We don't move much - my brother emigrated to Surrey - about 50 miles away... Traitor!!!

    I admire people who do move about as I appreciate the different perspectives that provides - your observations about the chatting and kissing part of shopping vs the very mechanical approach you now experience. But ... just not for me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger