It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Coca Cola is the &^%$ Thing

So ... I admit it .. I drank coke for breakfast in the "old days".
Back when I was only slightly more of a sugar addict than I am today.
Although, the amount of coffee I drink which is laced with multiple spoonfuls of sugar, might be sweeter than a bottle of coke.

So we bought a 6 pack of little coke bottles and it was hot and I was thirsty so  I grabbed one out of the fridge and twisted the little top and it cracked open and sliced my finger open too.

Yeah, I was attacked and wounded by a coca cola bottle lid.
I bled.
I cursed ...
I learned some pretty good Bad words over the years and I think I used most of them.
Then I bled some more.

I took a photo of my finger.
Don't laugh... it gets better.

I took a photo of the bottle cap and sent them to Coca Cola and complained about the lids being ridiculous and what if a child opened that bottle.
With little bitty fingers.. I shudder to think.

So I got a response.
A very long questionnaire about nothing related to why they make their lids so sharp edged that a person can slice a finger open , opening a bottle of coke.

I sent back my response.
"Don't be silly, this is ridiculous, here is a photo of my finger and the bottle ."

So beware of Coca Cola bottles, don't let your children open them although they are probably more adept at most things than I am.
And wear protective gloves when you open them for your children .

Or find a new drink.

This has been brought to you by a 9 fingered typist too. Just so you know. I am wounded.
Flowers and boxes of chocolates do make boo-boos feel better. 



3 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm sorry you injured your finger. I think that stuff is just bad for us all the way around! How about ginger ale? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!!! Finger boo-boos hurt the worst, hope it feels better tomorrow and that you'll get an educated response from a human at Coca Cola :) with a coupon for a free one on them for your pain and suffering - the least they could do!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger