It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, December 2, 2013

In the neighborhood


I guess you could assume that I live among the cows and sheep. They do live up the hill, but there are so many more wonderful places where other creatures live and I am going to visit them soon. 
The Hancock Quaker Village is about half an hour from me. I can see the Round House, where they meet for prayer. I can see the amazing furniture that they still make, the same way they have always made it.
I can see the quilts that might cost a pretty penny but look at them ! they are priceless. Made by hand, the same way they have always made them. Works of art, really.
They raise their own animals, they shear the sheep for wool and for our enjoyment too, I think.
and there are artists who record it all in paintings for their museum.
I am headed over there this week. When I am sure there is no ice on the road, going there is a bit of a little mountain climb from my house. While I am  getting used to doing things alone and on my own, getting stuck in snow or ice in mountains is not on my list of Things To Do.

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you. Planning a trip out is a big stride, and one I know is no easy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning, in a different way, not necessarily better or worse, just different. And as you pointed out in an earlier post, change happens in its own way. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger