It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Get a Glass, Let's Have a Little Whine Together

I go first !

I am sorry to say that I am sick of the sight of snow.
It is beautiful when it falls but I am not so in love with the mountains of it piled outside my doors.
It took a truck with a plow and more than a few dollars to get my driveway clear so I could pull the car out of the garage.

I had to have men climb up on my roof and remove snow so
1- no avalanche when I slam a door
2- no leaks
3- they said I had to do it, so I did it.
I am beyond knowing everything there is about living alone in the great North Woods .. or you might still call it New York State.

I want to go to a Mall.
Walmart, Target  and Home Depot  do not constitute "Mall" for me.
I want to look at nice clothes and try on boots and maybe buy a new pair of something warm.
Because I am convinced that it will never be summer again.
This is it ... snow. forever. Even birds get to go to Florida.
Me ? I get to sit here and watch the snow fall.
And wonder what made those prints in the snow  outside the windows ????

The man I depended on for knowing What needed to be done When, is no longer here.
So I am semi-anxious all the time.

I only see birds outside. No people, no deer, no dogs, just birds.
I like birds. I just wish they could drink coffee and chat a while.
Or as it was in Buenos Aires, maybe I need to learn to speak Birdish.

I will take lessons, maybe I will be more fluent than I was in Castellano.

I was counting on company coming for 2 weeks now.
This am I jumped out of bed and behaved the way a cheerful person might behave, full of anticipation .

Then I got the phone call.
It involved snow, ice and cars impossibly trapped in city streets and  no shovels.

I have to find something to do now .. alone  .. my choices are :

Laundry- in the basement of horrors.

Take a drive to another town and hope I don't get stuck in snow or ice.

Go to a grocery store just because there are people there .. I don't need groceries.

Where is a Starbucks when you need one ?

I might try to drive to the town where Animalkind is located.
Perhaps my luck will change and I will come home with a little bitty new furry member of the family.

We will see ..






1 comment:

  1. No more whining! A glass of wine to toast your new kitty!

    Hetismij

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger