It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Waiting

The sun is shining, the snow is melting, the little family have gone home and Minette and I are trying to think of what to do today.

So far she has been engrossed in the birds outside the dining room doors, from the cozy softness of her little bed. (would you say she is in the cat bird seat ? )

I am always tired and sad when they leave.
I always feel that we didn't get to do much, we didn't get to say much and they didn't get to stay long enough. Prompting me to want to get on the road and find a new home, closer to the City.

My daughter will be here next week .. my birthday celebrations will kick into high gear and we are considering an adventure, the daughter and I, that might include a train or car ride to NYC .. it all depends on the weather .. sigh ..

I just have a week to go through alone, then I can enjoy being Mom and having Fun and enjoying Sleepovers  ..
I took photos of the baby, you can't see them .. but imagine a tiny little boy, tiny ... wearing a black tee shirt with  khaki  pants, just like his daddy.
Too adorable ..

I am waiting for this view



to change back to this view



2 comments:

  1. So happy the kids made it for the weekend - even though time was short I know that really every moment was special.

    I too am excited about your daughter's visit - hopefully the snow will have melted a lot and the two of you can enjoy a trip into the city.

    Yes, your beautiful woods will soon look like the second photo again - we all have to be patient and hope Spring soon arrives.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary, isn't it amazing, the difference in the photos ?
    Autumn was spectacular here, colorwise and all .. we won't discuss how many bags of leaves ended up leaving my property ... oy !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger