It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Something to Consider

I am homesick for Buenos Aires. I miss that apartment.
The kind  apartment that I just dreamed of living in some day.
We took tired rooms and made them into beautiful rooms from a movie or book that we liked.
BEFORE

Romantic and charming and serene and beautiful rooms.


AFTER
I miss the view from my front windows

I miss my husband who made me brave and shared so many wonderful adventures with me.
I miss Pup.
Minette says she goes where I go but somehow , I wonder if she would like to live in Buenos Aires.
Maybe, I will do what Amy from God I Love Paris did.
I will pack up the cat and go live in an apartment in Paris , 4 flights up, no elevator and sit in the windows and look out over the city .. ride a bike  .. learn to speak French.. it can't be worse than my Castellano !

It is something to consider.


















12 comments:

  1. It definitely is! And fun to consider! :) I love that room you made yours. It's lovely. I'd miss it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dreamed forever of packing up a few belongings and just... going. Somewhere far far away, where no one knows your name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you move to Paris, then you'll only be a couple of hours by Thalys from my "dream" home, and we can visit on weekends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sabrina, you don't think you would like to live in Paris too ? I guess weekends would be ok too. The cats go too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well, if you move to Paris you'll only be a couple of hours by Thalys from my place, too. Now I wonder where Sabrina's "dream' home is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mym, Sabrina might be just down the road from you ! lol with the cats and a room for her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'll have a little cottage in a quaint little Belgium town - I'll make sure there is a sweet little guest room just for Mom and Minette... and if not, I'll be in a swank apartment in Brussels with big windows for the kitties to look out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well Sabrina, I am not totally against seeing how I like Belgium :)
    A swank apartment is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies, is a visit to Belgium in the making? Let me know so that I can make arragements for a nice dinner ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now all our plans are in our dreams .. but you will be the first to know !!

      Delete
  10. My husband and I have made so many moves in 32 years of marriage, and every one of them has their own great moments. Your apartment here is FABULOUS, and if you ever go to Paris, you will fall in love again. Thank you so much for coming to visit my post...life does make tears flow, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I moved from NJ to Fl to Or to BA to NY all in about about 8-10 years .. I am planning on moving again but I am not sure where yet . Paris ... we were there many times, my husband lived there .. I wouldn't mind trying out living there .. I would go back to Argentina, if the "children" come too ... Minette and I are ready to go ... just .. where ?

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger