It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Humans

After a morning of blowing giant bubbles for the baby, the little family went back home to the City and Minette and I are left, one of us napping, one of us figuring out what to do on a really beautiful day.
The sun is shining, there are no clouds, everything is blooming and a baby Highland calf was born yesterday at the farm.
The sheep told me ... you know sheep, huge gossips .. but they all think I am one of the family now, they see me every day. Not just the sheep, the horse and the cattle too.
I am honored.

After more coffee and perhaps a homemade cinnamon roll from the local bakery, I will hop in the car ( or slowly ease into the car) and take myself to a town center where there are cafes and shops and humans.
The cows, sheep, horse and Minette are fine but I do miss talking to and visiting with Humans.



3 comments:

  1. Animals are such great companions but, we also need a bit of human contact too, don't we ? …. even if we don't talk to anyone, it's still nice to sit amongst them. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is .. when we lived in Argentina, we were in a city environment where you see and talk to people everywhere you go and whatever you do.
    Now, living in the country, where houses are not close and everyone drives cars, it isolates a person.
    I do the best I can .. thankfully I have the kitten :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animals are wonderful to be around.. but I know what you mean. :). Mmmmm.. cinnamon roll. Now my mouth is watering for one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger