It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Winter Is Coming

Yes, those are words that strike fear into my heart.
I have Minette to keep me company on those long frigid nights alone, and the day after day of snow falling and no one visiting and feeling lost on another planet.

All I can seem to think about these days is packing up Minette and leaving for Argentina.
I want to rent a tiny flat in my old neighborhood and stay there until Spring returns to the US.
I think I need to keep my Argentina ID alive too ... getting those stamps in it are important.

Or I have to consider putting all that behind me and going forward.

But I don't want to go forward. I want to go Back.
I want to go back in time but if I can't do that, I want to go back to where I was so happy, where I have friends, where there are things to do all the time and I don't need to drive or mow grass, rake leaves or shovel snow or pay anyone else to do it.

But most of all, I just want to go back to where I have friends and so many happy memories.

I need to figure out how to convince my children they should come too.
Or at least visit me ... every month ... for a long visit .

I look out the windows and everything is Green . . so green that it is hard to believe that it was all white just a few months ago.

The time is coming for me to start making decisions.
I hate making decisions.
My husband was better at that sort of thing. I agreed with them, I was consulted but he always just knew the Right Thing to do.

I am not that sure of myself.

Minette is useless, she says as long as there is somewhere to play and if she can see the chipmunks, she will be happy.
I have not told her yet that I never saw a chipmunk in the park in Buenos Aires.
She might have to make do with mice. Although I never saw any of them either.
Only once did I see cockroaches on the sidewalk that were the size of mice.
We won't talk about that ... shudder ~

The weekend was lovely and went by too quickly.
The Little Family stayed and the wee boy is learning to walk. He barely look big enough to crawl and he is walking. Tiny feet, huge smile ... he thinks he is Something Else.
He is right.

I have to make decisions on so many things and as soon as I begin to think about them, I get a panic attack and eat a cinnamon roll.

For purposes of weight control... I will no longer be thinking of anything but shoes and handbags..

I hope your Monday is a good one.
If you buy a new handbag, tell me about it. Shoes too .. skip any stories about chocolate though.

Did I tell you about the Apple Farm that has a stand and they make Macadamia Nut cookies ? and apple cider donuts rolled in sugar ?
Nevermind. Better not.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger