It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20th

Autumn used to be my favorite time of year. That changed last year, on October 20th.
Everything I loved, everything that I enjoyed and knew and wanted ... changed. Most of it was lost.
I am better, I guess I am stronger, I am still grieving and still wonder what is going to become of me.
But I have Minette and my children . I lived through this first year ... I count those as the positives.
Thank you , you know who you are, for the notes and sweet thoughts.
We muddle through life, whatever it throws at us or takes away from us.
Be happy. Enjoy your life and the ones you love .. kiss them and tell them you love them .. every day.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Candace, I know this is a tough day for you. If I could wave a magic wand for you I would. YOu have been very strong during this terrible ordeal. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry for your difficult anniversary :-( . But, again, thank you for continuing to post, even through your grief; it is inspiring, to me anyway, to know there is still sometimes joy after the pain. You are in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Candice. My heart is with you. And I'm sending a comforting hug, though a virtual one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though some of us don't post, we do read you. I know too well how tough today is. Some it will be my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only been following for a short time, and it's hard to find the right words, but I hope moments of joy will continue to come your way. Thank you so very much for your lovely and heartfelt posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hugs hugs and more hugs
    Irene

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger