It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

7 Days ....

So I have just a few things left to get for Christmas presents.
Things like a gift for my son, his wife and the baby. Stocking stuffers too. And something for Minette. In other words, I have done no shopping.
So I have to get a few things. soon. like tomorrow.

I will be spending as much time as possible enjoying the baby who will be having his second Christmas but the first that he will actually be a part of ..

This year I am ... getting a real tree.
Minette will be delighted.

I have the lights and bought red ribbons with gold trim and those will be the main ornaments.
I will find some non-breakable child friendly ornaments for the baby to enjoy .. play with .

The biggest job will be to keep Minette from climbing the tree and batting at all the dangly things that are within reach and getting in the way of my son ... he has no patience for kittens.
His mom has no patience for sons who have no patience for kittens so it will be a jolly time at my house, I am sure.

Christmas dinner will be pasta with smoked salmon. With something chocolate for dessert.
I thought maybe I would buy a bottle of Asti Spumante for some cheer.
Maybe someone would be relaxed and not want kill my kitten if she goes close to the baby..
Hopefully the baby won't try to kill her either.
Minette has no idea how her life is threatened in so many ways :)

Last night she fell asleep, at the foot of the bed.. lying on my robe that I had thrown on the bed.
I woke up around 5 am and she was curled up on my pillow, next to my head.
I moved her and went back to sleep.
I woke up later with her sleeping under the covers ..  she travels a lot in her sleep ..
What I really really love is she will be sleeping and I will lift her up to move her and she starts purring loudly.
Go head, Minette, sleep anywhere you wish.


Countdown .. how many days til Christmas ? yikes !! 7 days !!!!!




5 comments:

  1. A sure way to keep the cat out of the tree. Get some chunks of wood.
    Spray with orange scented furniture oil. Place the chunks of wood in the lower branches of the tree, close to the trunk. The smell will keep
    Minette out of the tree. It worked for my daughter's cat who had previously knocked down the tree 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! you are Brilliant !
    My luck, Minette will expect me to dust the tree or something lol I will do it as soon as the tree is up. The tree that hasn't even been bought yet.
    I am faced with the dilemma of not being able to lift a tree etc.
    bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even consider a tree because of my 3 cats. I know one of them would get to it. What I have done is buy some white pointsetta plants and have them on my patio table. Since my cats are indoor cats there is no way it can be harmful to them and it looks very pretty from my sliding glass door. Have a wonderful Christmas and a big hug to Minette <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Candice - hoping your Christmas with the family is lovely and full of many blessings.
    You'd better get some help putting up the tree though - Minette may knock it down but I don't think she'll be good at putting it up, haha!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Mary .. people will comment on the cute tree topper I have and it will be Minette, hanging out up there . I am not getting a tree big enough to need help with. Those huge trees are in the past for me .. for now anyway :) Besos !

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger