It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, December 12, 2014

New Times

I am here alone ... with a sleeping kitten.
It snowed all last night and some of today. It might snow again tonight. No one came to do my driveway but it is OK .. there was nowhere I wanted to go.
I was snug.
Snug in soft , floppy, too big on me, sweat pants and a big chenille sweater that is like wearing a favorite baby blanket.
There was no one to see if I was fashionable or not.
My hair did look amazing though, too bad no one saw it.

I started the day with Good Intentions.
You know what those are .
You wake up and lie there and think .. there is nothing to do , nowhere to go .. no one here but me .. and an insane kitten..
What do I want to do ?
What do I want to do more than stay in and be  snug and warm ?
Nothing.

So I vacuumed.
Yay me !

Minette ran away .. next time I am trying to eat something ( Ramen noodles ) and she is struggling to swat them with her paw as I lift the fork, I will get out the vacuum. That'll teach her.

I dusted and tidied up.
Which is sort of sad, how much untidiness can one woman and a kitten create ??
But it was pleasant enough, good music playing while dusting always helps.
Today mine was classical. Sometimes it is Argentine or Tango but today was Vivaldi and a wonderful Bach Solo ..

Tonight I will snuggle in with the kitten and make plans.
She likes it when I tell her The Plan.
This Plan involves selling houses and buying new ones.
New ones that are just the right size for a lady and a kitten.
And possibly an occasional visitor.

Yes, new times are coming.
I am trying to be ready for them.
Minette and I  !






2 comments:

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger