It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I will be fine


Blizzard Watch


URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
953 AM EST SUN JAN 25 2015

...POTENTIALLY HISTORIC WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE AREA 
FROM LATE  MONDAY INTO TUESDAY....


I don't know how to feel about this. 
On one hand I got a slight feeling of panic , worry , nervousness.
On the other, I am looking out the window at bright sunshine and  blue  skies, it is windy and there is snow on the ground, from the last snow we had.

So a Blizzard means ... what exactly?  .. it will be more windy ? we will get more snow ?
Last year we had something like 5 -7 snowstorms , one after the other ... constant snow.
When it stopped for a minute, people would run out and dig out their walks and driveways then rush back inside for the next few days or wind, snow, cold.

I have groceries, I have company ( well, as much company as a tiny kitten can provide  - which is surprisingly a lot )... I have plenty of candles and blankets. and a flashlight.

But truthfully, it is all getting to be tiresome .. a bit much already.
If my husband was here, we would just shrug our shoulders and know that we would snuggle in and read and listen to music and be content.
I was never afraid of anything when he was here with me.
I was fearless. I had him .. 

But now .. after last years non stop snow .. I feel sort of like, Ho Hum, more snow .. how boring, how long is winter again ??

Oh , and you people out there that are called Snowbirds .... I totally get it.

I think I will make some pasta and soup this afternoon and put it in the fridge .. you know, for Just In Case.
I have peanut butter and Nutella .. I will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have Minette to keep you company! I totally get the snowbird thing too. Somehow, when I was a child, snow didn't bother me. I loved it. Sometimes it meant no-school days, building snow forts with little friends. Sometimes ice skating and hot chocolate and cookies after. But now, at 51, I really don't like snow at all. Good thing husband and I live in Oregon, I guess. Very (very) little snow in winter, (but you know this, :) ) and lots of rain and grey skies. But we can go places when it rains!

    Soup sounds so warm and comforting. Big hug, Candice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minette made a world of difference in my life since I got her. She just won't help shovel snow. I grew up in the South, no snow. I was thrilled when I first came to NY .. now ...not so much :) Oregon was wonderful. We looked down from our highrise at Whole Foods where we could walk through a passage from our building to theirs without going outside. And here I am :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger