It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Farm






















Fabulous photo, no ?
That is The Farm.
That is where my Highland Cattle friends live, with my Horse friend and the countless Sheep, Lambs and a few goats   ...
The farm is beautiful, the area is beautiful but the sky boggles my mind.
How it hovers over the farm, the weight of it .. the color .

My friend whose family owns the farm sent this to me.
Wherever I go and whatever I do , this photo will always remind me of one of the things I truly love about where I live.

The times I walked up there , in the cold, alone and desolate, I would stand and just watch them, sometimes they came to the fence and stood and watched me .. for whatever reason, it comforted me.
Maybe because I didn't have to show a brave face, they didn't have to think of something sympathetic or comforting .. knowing there is no comfort .. it was fine.

Being there with those great shaggy Highland Cattle and their babies, the horse with his  scars from years of abuse before the farmer saved him .. the silly sheep .. baa baaa ... over and over .. I think they baa in their sleep. And the slightly creepy goats with those eyes ... chewing and staring.

This photo sort of sums up my time here so far ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger