It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Rainy Day / Cat Day


The cats actually let me sleep a tiny bit later this am. It is a miracle !!

It is dark and raining and a day that one could possibly sleep until noon.
But I was grateful for that extra half hour .

I found a flea on Minette yesterday .. she wears a flea collar all the time. So does Merlin.
New flea collars.
So I put some awful stuff from the pet shop that kills fleas on her spots that hopefully she cannot reach when washing and hoped for the best.
This morning I noticed Merlin scratching.
He had a flea on his white soft belly.
I had to put some of that hideous poison on him too. (to clarify-this is the Frontline drops that go into their system and keep away fleas)
We will all keel over dead but the fleas will live on ..

So today I will talk to the lady at AnimalKind in Hudson NY and ask for advice.
They must have tricks of the trade to share .. that is where I got Minette.
They are sort of like Cat Saints. I love them .

I have to talk to a realtor and figure out how to get things going again.
I won't talk about it here , it is boring and I sometimes get questions that are not  that polite ..
(I just want to vent :)

So I will leave you here for the day with something to coo over and smile , I hope.
Have a Happy Day !

6 comments:

  1. You have to ask about frontline.
    A dab on the back of the neck and that is it. When the fleas bite a dog or cat with this they die.
    I lived in California flea central and after using this within a month or two no more fleas. It was heaven. What you are seeing is the flea eggs hatching.
    If they had frontline in there system the fleas will all die off.
    Ask your cat lady but for The Square ones and me it was relief.

    As for your home.... email me I will get back to you and you can talk to me if you don't want to blog it.
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always used Frontline on all my pets. I used it on these 2 also.
      I will go find that stuff for the house, thanks !

      Delete
  2. Those are such sweet photos!
    I'm sorry Minette and Merlin got fleas. I used to use those topical thing, but it gave Goro a bald spot so we discontinued. (Now I use diatomaceous earth.) I hope you'll get a good advice at AnimalKind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, after reading about brain damage etc using the topical things, I hate using it but have no choice at this time. I am going to look for the "earth" though .. today.

      Delete
  3. If they'll stand being combed, then grab a fine-toothed comb and a container of warm water to which two drops of tea tree oil has been added. Comb away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow I will get tea tree oil ... thank you ! They both love to be combed. Merlin is a Persian so he is used to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger