It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Batten Down the Hatches

Stormy Weather

We already have high winds. It isn't raining yet, I think. I just hear the wind.
Strong. I worry about the trees ... falling .. on the house.
A storm is forecast but hopefully this is as bad as it will get.

The cats went to bed early. Most likely because their house is starting to look different.
There are these boxes ... everywhere.
Big cardboard moving boxes .. they can't even climb into them !
There is bubble wrap lying around, no one wants to touch that stuff !! yuck !

Minette gave up and jumped up onto my dresser, the hopped across to the high box in the corner of the room that happens to have a couple of towels folded on top of it.
That is her new highrise bedroom.
Mama added some soft things to make it even more cushy.
Merlin naps most of the day in the living room on the back of the sofa cushions.
At night comes in here and naps beside me, on top of the crate which is covered in towels and pillows. Inside is the same .. there is no lack of soft cushy places for these two sweeties.

I went to the Dollar store and bought more boxes of plastic bags that I am packing clothes, small framed pictures, knickknacks ..
The plan is ... fill the bags with bubble wrapped Stuff ... then put the bags into the boxes.
Everything is safe and secure and easy when the time comes to unpack and find everything.
Between the Dollar store and having a month to pack, it will be my finest packing job so far .

I had to choose between Bekins and Allied. I was going with Bekins. I just liked them better for no particular reason. But there is a large difference in cost and I finally made a judgement based on that.
I am packing very well  .. I do not expect anything to be missing or damaged.

It is so stormy out ....

My sweet friend Mimi told me about Pinterest. uhoh. I have not gone there today.
That is why I got something done today .. heehee.

Apartment hunting online is fun for a while then gets frustrating.
My daughter found something fabulous.
I hope it is for me  ... she is also moving.  Busy times ahead.

Stay safe if you are getting the same storm system coming through here ..



4 comments:

  1. Hopefully the storm wasn't too bad for your area. We had very strong wind yesterday, but thankfully no major damage was made.
    Apartment hunting online can get frustrating! I hope you find the perfect one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lightening in the night was amazing, almost frightening not to mention blinding. Then it was over and we slept like babies ... or kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest is addictive and helpful. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annas, it is not helpful...unless I need it to keep me sitting here at the computer instead of getting something done LOL ... I love it and I have to be careful I am not totally addicted to it.
    It will be SO helpful when decorating my next home :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger