It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Black and Blue

There are days when a person should just accept the truth and go with it.
When you wake up and you can think of no reason at all to get up, don't.
Lay there. Accept it , you are staying in bed today.
There are cats to be fed. Feed them. Go back to bed.
If you try to go on as if everything is normal, that it is just another day, you are wrong.
You will regret it.

I woke up this morning with kitties still sleeping.
I should have gone back to sleep.
But no,  I got up for that blasted cup of coffee.

Everything seemed normal, ok ... cats ate breakfast then it was  cat nap time.
I thought about not making the bed, taking a nap with them.
But no, I should have but I didn't .

I bent down to pick up a pillow, Honey, the 2 ton kitty, jumped up, liking the bed unmade.
My head and Honey collided.
Actually, the bone above my right eye, collided with Honey. Maybe her head. The rest of her is soft.

I have the beginnings of a Black Eye.
At the moment, I have a red and navy blue eye.

I am now accepting suggestions / excuses for why I
1- have a black eye - I mean, really, who would believe the cat ran into me ?
2- why I cannot remove my sunglasses, I don't care how dim the damn  light is !!
3- should I just stay home and have groceries delivered and not come out for a few days ?

Of all days .. a blue day with a black eye :(

***

update on The Eye :
I don't have a black eye. I have a purple eyelid. The eye bone is what is bruised so my eye itself is ok and it just looks like I went overboard with the purple eyeshadow on one eye.
I don't even use purple eyeshadow ...

So far, Honey has not complained about her head.

6 comments:

  1. I had that happen when my son bonked me in the nose and it broke. He was jumping up and I was bending down to pick him up. LOL You just have to laugh. But man I looked a fright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I remember the baby boy throwing his head back and hitting his father in the nose once .. the baby was fine but my husband said he wanted to cry lol

    I have seen those black eyes that people get from a broken nose, I bet you were miserable even when it quit hurting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the groceries delivered. Watch a teary movie. You sound like you could use a good teary movie. You will feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need no more tears but definitely getting groceries delivered LOL Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That incident and resulting black eye could happen to anyone. When I get ready to take my new little dog for a walk he jumps up with joy, I hope he never bumps me like your cat did. Having groceries delivered, a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grocery delivery is one of the Wonders of the Civilized World, you know. Yep, because I say so.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger