It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, March 4, 2017

This and That



Saturdays were the same as every other day when my husband retired and we moved to Argentina.
Magical because we were in Argentina, but there were always people in the parks, dogs and children and an occasional homeless person.
There was one homeless lady that broke my heart, I would always bring her scones from the bakery that we walked past on the way to the park. She always thanked me and gave a bit of her scone to our dog. Smiled a toothless smile and went back to just sitting there, quiet and still.
She broke my heart.

I did find out that at night, all those with nowhere to go , went to places owned by the City where they could have food and a clean safe bed to sleep in. New York City could use a lesson or two in that sort of thing ..

I think my appreciation for Architecture and Trees really came out when we moved to BA.
You can see in the photo why the trees made me happy , and the architecture ..
The population of Argentina is made up of immigrants ... like the United States but in Argentina, they are Spanish, Italian, English, Irish, German .. you get a lovely mix with all those languages, styles, types of architecture and you end up with fabulous parks, wonderful buildings, long boulevards, great fantastic museums and (overall) good manners.
As in any place anywhere in the world, you will run into an oaf who has no manners but overall, the people in BA appreciate and show good manners.

Yes, today is a hard day .. I am homesick for my home in Buenos Aires, with my husband, with my dog ... I have to go find a park somewhere .. or perhaps just sit out on the lanai and look at the pine forest behind me .. Times are changing, nothing stays the same ... cliches that are true today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger