It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Trees

 New York has Central Park ... one of the finest city parks there are ... then there is London and all of its beautiful parks, Paris with large and small parks, then there is Buenos Aires.
All city dwellers love their parks ... the one or one of a very few, green spaces in a city full of tall buildings , noisy streets and clutter.

London's Hyde Park was my favorite for years, while I had lived in NY, Central Park was pretty nice too but Hyde Park was dear to me.
Paris left me with no strong memories of parks, small green spaces, like those near the Eiffel Tower but the Architecture is all that remains in my memory .. the amazing old buildings and ancient streets.

Then we moved to Buenos Aires .. 2 blocks from miles of parks that lined a very large boulevard .. with fabulous and huge Museums along the way ..
Buenos Aires/Argentina has some fantastic trees. Of course the winner is the Ombu .. that monstrous thing that several families could live in !
but there are just trees, large beautiful trees among the palms .. shading parks, bringing relief in summer, affording a perfect spot for a picnic and a nap .. or just lying on a blanket and sky gazing.

Where I live now, there are a few Palm Trees .. there are many Pine trees and a few nice big evergreens ... a good mix I think, there is never that dreary grey barren look in winter.
Silly me, I actually miss that winter look .. it is all a part of what is natural to me, green trees belong to Summer, bare trees belong to Winter ... then there is the anticipation when little fuzzy green spots arrive and you know the bare trees will be full again ..

I look forward to the Seasons again and the Trees that enjoy them ..

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the Earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray ;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair,

Upon whose bosom Snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with Rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Joyce Kilmer



3 comments:

  1. I love the seasons and the changes in the trees. Here the trees are just showing plump green buds now so it won't be long before they are covered in fresh green leaves.
    I'm not so keen on sweeping them all up again in November, but I can't imagine being without the seasonal changes of trees.

    Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know ... sweeping up the leaves ! My husband once said, when we lived on a heavily wooded piece of property, ... That is what teenagers are for . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember the jacaranda trees blossoming in the end of May in Los Angeles? Streets lined with the loveliest shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger