It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wanderlust


Merlin my Love

This old boy keeps me going on days that I think it might be a good day to just stay in bed and not get  get up.  Ever. He is old. He is stiff and slow and still eats like an animal and has  a purr that you can hear all through the house. Rattling and rusty and rumbley .. that is Merlin. My love.

Minette makes sure he is nearby .. she will go looking for him if he is not in the room.
Honey is oblivious to it all, I think sometimes ... but she does sort of hang around close to him at times. 
I am glad she is gentle and slow around him.. he is a big cat but weighs nothing, he is lighter than a feather , she is a big cat and weighs a ton. . 
If my back is permanently aching, it is Honey's fault. She is still a baby, she wants mama to pick her up sometimes .. thankfully not often. 
My muscles are really good now, I might even be Buff ..

Minette is Minette, feisty, small , feminine, a little warrior.
Her new thing is to lie on the pillow next to my head and wash my hair when I wake up.
We will not discuss how I look when she is through with me, or how I feel about waking up to having my head licked.
Somethings are best not discussed.

Homesickness and Wanderlust have struck. Big Time.
The only cure is ..... you know.
I know what I am doing, I do not need advice, or opinions. Unless there are volunteers for packing.
I might go into business for myself ... I will arrange peoples moves, from home to home, boxes, tape, bubble wrap, movers, I am a pro by now...with the added bonus of having Experience with Pets When Moving.
Remember Pup .. he flew to Argentina .. after driving from NY to Fl to Or .. 
I should make use of my talents.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger