It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Plans To Make

                                        I had to share this, it totally gave me the giggles.

Today has been one of those "lucky" days, I guess you could call it. An ordinary Monday for me, cleaning up around the house, going to the supermarket with a list this time .. although there is enough cat food in the cupboard to last until next year .. I always worry about running out .. so I go overboard.

I went to the big supermarket and bought food, no cleaning products, no paper products, just food.
Last shopping, I came home and when it was time for dinner, there was nothing to et .. but I had enough paper towels to last a flood and cat food. I should buy stock in cat food.

I went to the market, did all my food shopping and went out to the car. The man parked next to me said something and we chatted a moment .. then I got into the car .. he said something else and I stopped to hear him .... behind me a car was pulling out of a space and another car hit her.
The man stopping me, I feel , saved me from being in a car crash in the parking lot.

I scurried home.
The skies turned blue/black .. very low and menacing. I was very glad I lived nearby and the garage is connected to the townhouse.. I walked in the house, opened the doors to the lanai, the cats ran out to nap and the skies opened up.
We all dashed back inside and now .. the blue sky is back.

So it was sort of one of those missed the bad stuff by a minute kind of days ... so far ...
I am staying in .. let it rain. ( Adele)
 I have plans to make ... plotting to do ...  information to get ... balls to start rolling ...

I was thinking about the things that have happened since my husband died. The changes are huge.
From one home to another ... from one state/part of the country to another ! Living in a totally different environment ... being more isolated than I ever was in New York ..  and Managing.
If for no other reason, I am proud of myself for managing.

Let's just hope I manage to get this next adventure well planned and accomplished..









2 comments:

  1. Just managing IS something to be proud of! So may people can't seem to :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear, you are very encouraging, I appreciate that . :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger