It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Here & Now


Odds are the weather is not going to get better , not yet... it has to be horrible first.
I have never been in a real Hurricane, much less alone in one so the cats and I will probably do what will be the best thing for us to do ... Run Away.

 Not sure where and when ( soon) but that is the story for now.
I will not be blogging .. unless it is something so big and lets hope to God that there is nothing that Big or Bad that needs blogging ...

If I ever had doubts about living alone in Florida ... this settled a few thoughts in my mind.

Thank you, love to all, Candice & the Cats

17 comments:

  1. Take care and be safe Candice! Un beso grande!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get in touch once the dust settles...
    Take care my friend♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please head the warnings, and if necessary go inland Candice, bundle up the cats and head out.
    I hope you stay safe dear friend.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inland.
    I will Linda ... you will hear me shouting with joy that it is over and I still have a roof over my head.
    Un besa para tu, Sandra .. miss you very much !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Run and do it quickly.....that's what my heart says. Just be safe and talk to you when it's over.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and all the people that have been / will be affected.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are evacuations in Florida but not where I am ... I am almost in Georgia so I doubt Jacksonville will be evacuated but the beaches are definitely going to be..

    It is such a massive storm that I am not sure how much safer the West Coast is going to be .

    I will just hope that people don't lose their homes and lives and pets and that I can move back to NY asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke this morning amazed that it was not raining. Then I realized that it is not time yet ... more days to dread.
    I am making use of this time though .. plans are being made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay safe. Maybe it won't be too bad inland?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it will be bad but apparently the closer to the coast, the worse it is...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please take care, sending may positive thoughts that you and the cats get through this okay.

    Sharon (Nelsonian)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to be staying in an apt at my landlord's home. He and his wife will be there, it won't be horrible to know I am with people who know what to do with weather like this .. as long as there is no flooding.
    I am kind of above the ground and the ground slopes away in the back ... so that has not been a big fear here in the condo .. just the wind and rain ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care Candice - hoping you will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad to read that you'll be with your landlord and wife. I wondered if you might go to your daughter's so I'm happy you won't be alone. Thinking safe thoughts for you and the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That all changed. The landlord has a daughter who has been away and she came back and she is staying in the place that I would have stayed in.
    But there was a happy meeting with my new next door neighbors and the cats and I will have a hopefully safe haven if we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=30.13514714162835&lon=-81.5498928679607

    An excellent weather site

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger