It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

The Good Boy

There he is ... my Good Boy.
It has been a long time now, I still miss him.
There are days that I wish he was here because I get nervous being alone and there are days I miss him because he was always fun .. if a dog can be a clown, Tate was often a clown. He would wag his tail and grin like a fool when he made me laugh .. He knew exactly what he was doing.

This photo is from the short time when we lived in Florida .. a number of years ago.
Before we visited Portland, Oregon and fell in love with that city and moved there ... where Tate became a City dog ...Oh the stories that Pup could tell.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these are the "heart dogs" we can never never replace and will always miss. Just tonight at dinner my daughter and I were reminiscing about Josey, our beloved GSP who died a few years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Oh, just to have her back for one day to hug and pet her and tell her how much she is loved! What a character she was. I love all of my dogs, of course, but she was something special - as your Tate was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you got it ... exactly. Heart dogs ..

    ReplyDelete

  3. They have a sense so perfectly horned with each need that only someone who has never had a dog can say they don't like dogs. My Parents used to tell the story of how I stopped talking for no reason at all when I was about 4 going into 5. Nobody, no doctors, my nanny whom I adored and who was my nanny from the moment she entered into the house - she was not supposed to be my nanny, my sisters already had a nanny and I was supposed to join the club - but the Universe's wisdom cannot be wrong, so in came my nanny. Neither she who was loved to pieces by me could get me to talk. Doctors and this and that an the other, short of some witch from Africa I believe were called still to no avail.

    One afternoon someone ran the doorbell, not an unusual act in Buenos Aires and yet I marched towards the door which is not something I had already done ever before. There was a man with one dog in his arms trying I guess to sell it or to ask if someone would have it. Without much ado I said "mine,give me, I want it" Well, they were my first spoken words in I have no idea how long. Mother used to say that they would have done anything to get that dog and so I got my very first own dog. We were inseparable. The line was drawn about him not sleeping in the same bed with me, but he used to hide under my bed until the door was closed and I am sure I don't need to tell you what happened next.

    I have had dogs ever since, bought, given, rescued, any bog who give me "that look" it is a safe bet would come home with me. I know one thing for certain, five years ago when my husband died I would have not survived if it wasn't for McKenzie and Aliah, they love people, at times so much more than many humans. I told you that you need a dog, go back to Buenos Aires and get someone who I am sure is waiting for you there, you will be surprised and I will be happy for you.

    Allegra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allegra, your reply was so much better than my post :) Thank you !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger